This is a Stream 1 module and is designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Visual System Stream 1 module and do not hold this accreditation.
Successful completion of the module will actually lead to awarding of one accreditation:
- Visual System
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Visual System Update (Stream 2)
This module covers the use of Chapter 8 of the Guides to evaluate permanent impairment of the visual system, including the eyes, ocular adnexa and visual pathways.
The module includes:
- The types of impairments that are evaluated for the purpose of assessment of the visual system using the Guides.
- The two distinct approaches that will be required to assess an overall impairment score of the visual system, and which depends on the types of visual testing performed in a particular case.
- The distinction between visual impairment, visual system impairment and impairment of the whole person.
- The types of test apparatus required to perform an assessment in accordance with the Guides.
- The approach to be taken to apportion an impairment score to account for pre-existing visual impairment.