This is a Stream 2 module and is designed for doctors that have already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of this module and hold that accreditation.
Successful completion of the Stream 2 module will lead to awarding of one update to accreditation:
- Lower Extremity Update
If you have not already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of this module and you want to gain that accreditation, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Lower Extremity (Stream 1).
The module covers the criteria from Chapter 3 of the Guides to evaluate permanent impairment of the lower extremities.
The module includes:
- The various anatomic, diagnostic and functions methods which are used to evaluate impairment of the part of the lower extremity.
- The logical path of consideration of what method is appropriate to evaluate any specific impairment of the lower extremity.
- The logical path of consideration to derive an overall score for impairment of a lower extremity when there are more than one impairment.
- The approach to disentangling potential overlaps of ratings with other chapters of the Guides.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.