This is a Stream 1 module and is designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Stream 1 module and do not hold that accreditation.
Successful completion of the module will lead to awarding of one accreditation:
- Lower Extremity
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Lower Extremity Update (Stream 2)
The module covers the criteria from Chapter 3 of the Guides to evaluation permanent impairment of the lower extremity.
The module includes:
- The various anatomic, diagnostic and functions methods which are used to evaluate impairment of the part of the lower extremity.
- The logical path of consideration of what method is appropriate to evaluate any specific impairment of the lower extremity.
- The logical path of consideration to derive an overall score for impairment of a lower extremity when there is more than one impairment.
- The approach to disentangling potential overlaps of ratings with other chapters of the Guides.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.