This is a Stream 2 module and is designed for doctors that have already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of the module and hold that accreditation.
If you have not already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of this module and you want to gain that accreditation, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Hand and Upper Extremity (Stream 1).
Successful completion of the Stream 2 module will lead to awarding of one update to accreditation:
- Hand and Upper Extremity Update
This module covers the criteria in Chapter 3 of the Guides to evaluate permanent impairments of the upper extremities.
The module covers:
- The various specific methods that can be used in evaluation of impairment including abnormal motion, amputation, sensory or motor nerve dysfunction and ankylosis.
- The approach to be taken to choose the appropriate method for a particular case and how to derive an overall score when there are multiple impairments of an upper extremity.
- Discussion of the commonly seen disorders of the upper extremity in a compensation framework.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.