This is a Stream 2 module and is designed for doctors that have already successfully completed the Stream 1 module and hold that accreditation.
Successful completion of the Stream 2 module will lead to awarding of one update to accreditation:
- Ear Nose and Throat Update
If you have not already successfully completed Stream 1 module and you want to gain that accreditation, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Ear Nose and Throat (Stream 1).
This module covers the assessment of permanent impairments from the principle dysfunctions of the ear, nose, throat and related structures.
The module covers:
- The fact that legislation requires that the Australian NAL methodology is used to assess hearing loss rather than the method in Chapter 9 of the Guides.
- The process to be followed to assess impairment of hearing loss is the NAL methodology as it is variously adopted in the three compensation jurisdictions.
- The specific approaches taken to the assessment of noise induced hearing loss.
- The approach to be taken to assess ENT disorders including equilibrium, facial structure, disorders of the air passage defects.
- The other parts of the Guides beyond Chapter 9 that an examiner accredited for this module may use to complete assessment of impairments of Cranial Nerves I, VI and VIII.