This is a Stream 1 module and is designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Stream 1 module and do not hold this accreditation.
You MUST also have successfully completed Core (Stream 1) to become an assessor in this module.
Successful completion of the module will actually lead to awarding of one accreditation.
- Ear Nose and Throat
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Ear Nose and Throat Update (Stream 2)
This module covers the assessment of permanent impairments from the principle dysfunctions of the ear, nose, throat and related structures.
The module covers:
- The fact that legislation requires that the Australian NAL methodology is used to assess hearing loss rather than the method in Chapter 9 of the Guides.
- The process to be followed to assess impairment of hearing loss is the NAL methodology as it is variously adopted in the three compensation jurisdictions.
- The specific approaches taken to the assessment of noise induced hearing loss.
- The approach to be taken to assess ENT disorders including equilibrium, facial structure, disorders of the air passage defects.
- The other parts of the Guides beyond Chapter 9 that an examiner accredited for this module may use to complete assessment of impairments of Cranial Nerves I, VI and VIII.