This is a Stream 2 module and it is designed for doctors that have already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of the module and hold that accreditation.
Successful completion of the Stream 2 module will lead to awarding of one update to accreditation:
- Core Update
If you have not already successfully completed the Stream 1 module and you want to gain that accreditation, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Core (Stream 1).
This module covers:
- The overarching principles from Chapters 1, 2 and the Glossary of the Guides that apply to all assessments performed using the Guides.
- The ways in which assessments using the Guides is used for the three Victorian Compensation Jurisdictions:
- Worksafe Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- The Wrongs Act
- The ways in which the Guides are modified by legislation. This includes removal of some parts of the Guides, and replacement of some parts with alternative prescribed methodologies.
- The ways in which binding Court Decisions have clarified how parts of the Guides are to be interpreted.
- The way in which some common medical terms are given different meanings in the Guides.
- The way in which impairment scores for different body parts are to be assembled to derive an overall score of impairment of a whole person
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.