This is a Stream 1 module designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the module and do not hold this accreditation.
Successful completion of the module will lead to awarding of the following accreditation:
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Core Update (Stream 2.)
Please note: Core (Stream 1) is the mandatory module that needs to be undertaken in order to gain accreditation in any of the elective (body parts) modules
This module covers:
- The overarching principles from Chapters 1, 2 and the Glossary of the Guides that apply to all assessments performed using the Guides.
- The ways in which assessments using the Guides is used for the three Victorian Compensation Jurisdictions:
- Worksafe Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- The Wrong Act
- The ways in which the Guides are modified by legislation. This includes removal of some parts of the Guides, and replacement of some parts with alternative prescribed methodologies.
- The ways in which binding Court Decisions have clarified how parts of the Guides are to be interpreted.
- The way in which some common medical terms are given different meanings in the Guides.
- The way in which impairment scores for different body parts are to be assembled to derive an overall score of impairment of a whole person.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.
Pre-reading Material: You will need to review the Pre-reading before you attend the module session. To access the pre-reading material please log on https://iatvic.learnupon.com/users/sign_in/